2 new cases in Eddy County
Apr 8, 2020 | Press Room
Update includes three additional deaths related to COVID-19
SANTA FE – New Mexico state health officials on Wednesday announced 72 additional positive tests for COVID-19.
Per the state Department of Health, the most recent cases are:
- 20 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 1 new case in Chaves County
- 1 new case in Cibola County
- 4 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 2 new cases in Eddy County
- 15 new cases in McKinley County
- 1 new case in Rio Arriba County
- 14 new cases in Sandoval County
- 9 new cases in San Juan County
- 2 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 2 new cases in Socorro County
- 1 new case in Valencia County
The Department of Health on Wednesday also reported three additional deaths in New Mexico related to COVID-19.
Those cases are:
- A male in his 90s from Bernalillo County. The individual had underlying medical conditions.
- A female in her 80s from Bernalillo County. The individual had underlying medical conditions.
- A second female in her 80s from Bernalillo County. The individual had underlying medical conditions.
The number of deaths in the state related to COVID-19 is now 16.
Including the above newly reported cases, New Mexico has now had a total of 865 positive tests for COVID-19. The case numbers reported Tuesday, April 7, included one duplicate in Bernalillo County. The error has been corrected and is reflected in today’s total COVID-19 New Mexico cases:
Bernalillo County: 325
Catron County: 1
Chaves County: 16
Cibola County: 16
Curry County: 8
Doña Ana County: 39
Eddy County: 6
Grant County: 4
Lea County: 2
Lincoln County: 1
Los Alamos County: 2
McKinley County: 70
Otero County: 3
Rio Arriba County: 7
Roosevelt County: 1
Sandoval County: 143
San Juan County: 116
San Miguel County: 1
Santa Fe County: 68
Socorro County: 7
Taos County: 14
Torrance County: 7
Valencia County: 8
County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
As of today, there are 59 individuals hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19. This number may include individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 out of state but are currently hospitalized in New Mexico. This number does not include New Mexicans who tested positive for COVID-19 and may have been transferred to a hospital out of state.
As of today, there are 201 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.