This number may include individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 out of state but are currently hospitalized in New Mexico.
Apr 20, 2020 | Press Room
Update also includes three additional deaths related to COVID-19
SANTA FE – New Mexico state health officials on Monday announced 126 additional positive tests for COVID-19. Per the state Department of Health, the most recent cases are:
- 24 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 1 new case in Colfax County
- 4 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 1 new case in Eddy County
- 1 new case in Grant County
- 53 new cases in McKinley County
- 1 new case in Quay County
- 1 new case in Rio Arriba County
- 2 new cases in Sandoval County
- 18 new cases in San Juan County
- 3 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 11 new cases in Socorro County
- 1 new case in Taos County
- 1 new case in Torrance County
- 4 new cases in Valencia County
The Department of Health on Monday also reported three additional deaths in New Mexico related to COVID-19. Those cases are:
- A male in his 70s from Quay County. The individual was hospitalized out of state and had underlying medical conditions.
- A female in her 70s from San Juan County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying medical conditions.
- A male in his 80s from San Juan County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying medical conditions. The individual was a resident of Life Care Center of Farmington.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is now 58.
The Department of Health has identified positive COVID-19 cases in residents and/or staff at the following congregate living facilities:
- Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque in Albuquerque
- Aztec Health Care in Aztec
- Beehive Homes in Farmington
- Central Desert Behavioral Health in Albuquerque
- La Vida Llena in Albuquerque
- Legacy Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Life Care Center of Farmington in Farmington
- The Neighborhood in Rio Rancho
- Uptown Genesis in Albuquerque
Including the above newly reported cases, New Mexico has now had a total of 1,971 positive tests for COVID-19:
Bernalillo County: 566
Catron County: 1
Chaves County: 21
Cibola County: 33
Colfax County: 5
Curry County: 10
Doña Ana County: 73
Eddy County: 10
Grant County: 14
Guadalupe County: 1
Lea County: 2
Lincoln County: 1
Los Alamos County: 6
Luna County: 3
McKinley County: 416
Otero County: 3
Quay County: 3
Rio Arriba County: 11
Roosevelt County: 1
Sandoval County: 317
San Juan County: 293
San Miguel County: 2
Santa Fe County: 86
Socorro County: 31
Taos County: 16
Torrance County: 13
Valencia County: 33
County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
As of today, there are 116 individuals hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19. This number may include individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 out of state but are currently hospitalized in New Mexico. This number does not include New Mexicans who tested positive for COVID-19 and may have been transferred to a hospital out of state.
As of today, there are 501 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.