Apr 16, 2020 | Press Room
SANTA FE – New Mexico state health officials on Thursday announced 116 additional positive tests for COVID-19.
Per the state Department of Health, the most recent cases are:
- 17 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 1 new case in Cibola County
- 1 new case in Colfax County
- 4 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 1 new case in Grant County
- 1 new case in Luna County
- 23 new cases in McKinley County
- 31 new cases in Sandoval County
- 29 new cases in San Juan County
- 1 new case in Santa Fe
- 4 new cases in Socorro County
- 3 new cases in Valencia County
The Department of Health on Thursday also reported 8 additional deaths in New Mexico related to COVID-19.
Those cases are:
- A female in her 80s from Bernalillo County. The individual had underlying medical conditions. The individual was a resident of the La Vida Llena facility in Albuquerque.
- A female in her 80s from Cibola County. The individual had underlying medical conditions.
- A female in her 30s from McKinley County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying medical conditions.
- A male in his 50s from McKinley County.
- A male in his 30s from Sandoval County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying medical conditions.
- A male in his 30s from San Juan County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying medical conditions.
- A female in her 70s from San Juan County.
- A female in her 80s from San Juan County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying medical conditions. The individual was a resident of the Life Care Center facility in Farmington.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is 44.
The Department of Health has identified positive COVID-19 cases in residents and/or staff at the following congregate living facilities:
- Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque in Albuquerque
- Aztec Health Care in Aztec
- Beehive Homes in Farmington
- Central Desert Behavioral Health in Albuquerque
- La Vida Llena in Albuquerque
- Legacy Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Life Care Center of Farmington in Farmington
- Uptown Genesis in Albuquerque
The case numbers reported previously included one duplicate from Bernalillo County and two cases from Bernalillo County that were not lab confirmed. Including the above newly reported cases, New Mexico has now had a total of 1,597 positive tests for COVID-19:
Bernalillo County: 491
Catron County: 1
Chaves County: 19
Cibola County: 30
Colfax County: 3
Curry County: 10
Doña Ana County: 58
Eddy County: 7
Grant County: 12
Lea County: 2
Lincoln County: 1
Los Alamos County: 6
Luna County: 3
McKinley County: 265
Otero County: 3
Quay County: 1
Rio Arriba County: 10
Roosevelt County: 1
Sandoval County: 293
San Juan County: 229
San Miguel County: 2
Santa Fe County: 79
Socorro County: 20
Taos County: 15
Torrance County: 12
Valencia County: 24
County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
As of today, there are 90 individuals hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19. This number may include individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 out of state but are currently hospitalized in New Mexico. This number does not include New Mexicans who tested positive for COVID-19 and may have been transferred to a hospital out of state.
As of today, there are 353 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health